Sunday, November 9, 2008

Beef Stew

I bought some stew meat at Costco a while back. It has been sitting in my freezer for a while now, but until this week, it was just too hot to think about STEW. I wanted to make Beef Bourguignonne, but, didn't have any cooking wine on hand. I decided to mix and match two stew recipes and combined with some No Kneed Rolls, it was a MARVELOUS Sunday Dinner! The beef was perfectly moist and soft and the veggies were sooo tasty! Enjoy!


Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees

2 Lbs. Stew Meat
2 Tbls Corn Starch (I used Corn Starch because Jaxon is gluten free- It called for Flour)
Stir Salt and Pepper to Taste into the corn starch.

Cut stew meat into bite sized pieces and coat with corn starch mixture.

Brown with oil in 5 Quart Dutch Oven, or Oven Safe Dish with lid.

Leave browned meat in the bottom of the pan and add 4 cups of water.
Add cut potatoes )red or white or peeled brown) and peeled carrots (I added 4 potatoes and 6 carrots) to top of meat .

Add:

2-3 Tbls. of Tomato Paste
3 Bay Leaves
Worcestershire Sauce (I didn't measure, I love the stuff though it was probably 2-3 Tbls.)
Balsamic Vinegar (Didn't measure this either, probably 1-2 Tbls.)

Cover and bake at 350 for 2 to 2 1/2 hours. Or until meat is soft. Enjoy!


PS- My husband was worried about this being too "soupy" when he was dishing up, but, mashed a few of his potatoes in the broth and VOILA! THICK STEW!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails