My husband the greatest beef lover of all time didn't miss the beef. For me, that makes this recipe a keeper! It was moist and had great flavor. It will be sure to become a regular around here! No picture because meatloaf is not a pretty food. You know what it looks like....looks like meatloaf.
2 tablespoons butter (or margarine)
1 cup onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/4 lbs ground turkey
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1 egg (or 1/4 cup egg substitute)
3/4 cup catsup
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1. Melt butter in a skillet.
2. Cook onion and garlic in melted butter for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Place mixture in a large bowl to cool for 5 minutes.
4. Combine turkey, bread crumbs, egg, 1/4 cup of the catsup, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper with onion mixture.
5. Press meatloaf into an 8x4-inch loaf pan.
6. Spread remaining catsup on top.
7. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 50-55 minutes.8(Internal temperature should reach 165 degrees.) Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Twelve Days of Boots: Day 8 by The Pioneer Woman
4 hours ago