Sunday, September 12, 2010

Carrot Muffins


Our favorite Sunday morning thing is MUFFINS! Peter's favorite are Carrot Muffins. I have tinkered with the recipe several times, much to my husbands dismay. I think I finally have a rendition that I like!
CARROT MUFFINS
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/3 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 eggs
1/2 cup oil
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
4 medium carrots, grated (2 cups)
1/2 cup canned crushed pinneapple, drained
1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 cup raisins
Blend all dry ingredients and add eggs, oil, vanilla, carrots, pinneapple, applesauce and raisins. Stir with a spoon until ingredients are blended. Do not over mix. Scoop into muffin tins and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 15-20 minutes.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails