Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Spinach Bowtie Salad

I found this recipe on a food blog (Sorry, I can't remember where!) But I was on the hunt after I had a fabulous Spinach-Bowtie pasta salad at a church event. . I think this is pretty much it, but I am adapting it a bit. So yum. ENJOY!




SALAD:

2 cups cooked chicken (diced or shredded)
1 - 16oz. bag bow tie pasta, aka farfalle (cooked)
1 1/2 bag spinach, I use LOTS of spinach
1 - 6oz. bag craisins
3 - 11oz. cans mandarin oranges (drained)
2 - 8oz. cans water chestnuts1/2 cup chopped parsley
1 bunch green onions (chopped)
1/3 cup sunflower seeds (toasted in oven) - this is optional.
6oz. honey roasted peanuts


DRESSING:
1/2 cup oil
2/3 cup teriyaki sauce
1/3 cup vinegar
6 Tbs sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper


DIRECTIONS: Cook the pasta. Set aside.Mix the ingredients for the dressing together.Pour the dressing over cooked, drained bow tie pasta and marinate. I tried adding the cooked chicken in this marnade, but it was really just too overpowering. Put the rest of the salad ingredients in bowl (except peanuts because they will go soggy).Add pasta mix. Stir until all the salad is coated with the dressing.Add peanuts last, right before serving.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails