Sunday, February 28, 2010

Tortellini with Salmon, Peas and Red Bell Pepper Sauce


I am a huge fan of one pot meals. Meaning, I can get the veggie, meat and carb all in one dish. I wouldn't say I am huge fan of casseroles, but stir frys and dishes like this turn my crank. Especially if it includes things like fish, which I want my family to eat more of. Enjoy!
2 cups roasted red-bell pepper soup (Pacific has a nice roasted red bell pepper and tomato soup)
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup plain yogurt (the recipe called for 1/2 cup of cream, you can make your substitutions as desired)
1/2 lb. salmon, roasted, grilled or pan seared and cubed
1 cup peas, frozen
1 lb. cheese tortellini
pinch of kosher salt
2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
4 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
Place soup, garlic salt, pepper and yogurt in a wide skillet. Heat over low to simmer, and add salmon and peas. Meanwhile, cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain well. Add tortellini and salt to sauce and heat one to two minutes. I always add the peas right before I am ready to serve so it cools down the kids dish and cooks the peas all in one! Serve with Parmesan and pine nuts as garnish.
4 servings.

2 comments:

Simply Life said...

oh that looks delicious!

Agrigirl said...

Thanks so much for this recipe! I often have leftover salmon and am looking for uses. I'm making this as I type and my oldest son has already said, "it smells great mom."

Related Posts with Thumbnails