Wednesday, January 12, 2011

My Favorite White Bread

I know, white bread is soooooooooo taboo. But, sometimes you need it in a pinch... Like, when you want some. :)

This is the best recipe I have found to date for White Bread. I don't know about you, but I constantly seek bread perfection. So, don't be surprised if I ask you for your bread recipe. I try them all. For now, this is the best White Bread I have found! Thanks so Susan Sanders for sharing it with me!

4 Cups warm water
2 Tablespoons yeast
3 Tablespoons sugar
1 Tablespoon salt
1/2 cups oil
10 cups all purpose flour

Dissolve yeast in water. Add in sugar, salt and let sit for 5 minutes. Add in oil and 6 cups of flour. Stir until smooth (This helps to make sure all of the ingredients are dissolved and well incorporated). Add in remaining flour, 1 cup at at time and mix well until dough forms. Turn out onto floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 5-8 minutes. Put into a large oiled bowl, turning once to coat. Cover and let rise until double in size. At least one hour. Punch down and shape into 4 loaves or 4 dozen rolls. Put into prepared pans. Cover and let rise until double in size. About 1/2 hour. Bake at 375 degrees for 20-22 minutes for rolls or 25-30 minutes for loaves. Remove from pans and brush butter on tops. Let cool on rack a bit then slice, and enjoy.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails