Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Honey Balsamic Dressing

This dressing was introduced to me by my friend and it is similar to one they serve at a popular local restaurant as their house dressing. After trying this recipe it is my new obsession and I have some in my fridge for salads at all times!!! I am addicted and you will be to. This is amazing for events and you can make a lot or a little of the dressing. Oh, also amazing on roasted beets! This recipe makes a lot of dressing so feel free to half it.

Dressing:
1/2 c honey
2 T whole grain mustard (the seedy kind)
1 c balsamic vinegar
2 cloves garlic
1 to 1 1/2 c oil (use half Olive Oil half Canola)****
1 to 2 t red pepper flakes (depending on how much kick you want)
1 t salt

Place all ingredients in a blender except oil. Put the lid on and drizzle the oil thru the hole in top of blender until dressing is fully emulsified.

*** Why half olive oil half regular??? Because using all olive oil will give you a super thick consistency...using all regular oil will be runny...thus I like to use half of each so the consistency is just right.

Serve dressing over:
a bag of spring mix
a bag of baby spinach
1 c of crasins
1/2 c feta
thinly sliced red onion
hearty croutons (I love the focaccia croutons from Costco..worth buying especially if you are making this for a shower, or other event)

Add any other ingredients that you like...this dressing is good on everything!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails