Thursday, March 31, 2011

Sticky Sweet Asian Lemon Chicken

This is not the bright yellow chicken dish that you order at your favorite Chinese restaurant, but a homemade, less yellow, milder version. This is a recipe that my neighbor has made for me after having babies etc...it was so delicious and my kids gobbled it up so of course I needed the recipe. She was nice enough to share it with me and I know it will become a staple at our house for years to come!

3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 c flour
1 t salt
1/4 t pepper
1/4 t ground ginger
1 T sesame seeds

Sauce:
(I strongly suggest doubling the sauce)
4 T butter
1/4 c honey
2 T lemon juice
1 T soy sauce

Preheat oven to 350.
Cut Chicken into bite sized pieces. Put flour, salt, pepper, and ginger in a ziploc bag and shake to mix ingredients. Add chicken to bag and shake until all pieces are evenly coated. Remove chicken from bag shaking off any excess flour and put in a greased 9x13 and bake for 20 minutes.
Melt butter in saucepan and stir in other sauce ingredients.
Turn chicken and coat with sauce. Top with sesame seeds. Bake another 15 minutes. The last 3-5 minutes turn on the broiler in oven to brown tops of chicken. Serve over sticky rice.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails