Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Pumpkin Bisque

I was a little skeptical when I got this recipe for my pumpkin tasting. But, I was excited to try it. It turned out to be my favorite, along with the Pumpkin scones. They were BOTH amazing, and because of the ease of the recipe, I couldn't wait to share!


I got TWO Pumpkin soup recipes, and the other called to blend (Like, in a blender) the soup when done. If you can, I would do it, because the smoothness of the soup is much better if not interrupted with an onion.

umpkin Bisque

¼ cup finely chopped onion
2 T butter
2 cups canned pumpkin (which is one 15 oz can)
2/3 cup sour cream
3 cups chicken broth
2 cups light cream ( I used half milk)
½ cup packed brown sugar
1/8 tsp. salt
¼ tsp. nutmeg

Saute onion in butter. Add everything else and whisk until smooth. Warm over med-low heat until hot. Do not boil, as that will curdle the cream. Garnish with a dollop of sour cream (optional). Or serve with Mexican Cream. Recipe below. Delicious served with rolls."

Mexican Cream

¼ cup sour cream
¼ cup coconut milk
1 TBSP fresh lime juice
1/4 tsp. lime zest

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails