This is the Salad that I made in the Month of July. It was amazing! I LOVE the salad dressing recipe too!
Tropical Chicken Salad
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 whole pineapple
1 9-10oz package of Baby Spinach Leaves
1 small red onion
1 cup sliced natural almonds
¼ cup white wine vinegar
¼ cup honey
¼ cup Dijon mustard
2 cloves garlic, pressed
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
1 cup vegetable oil or olive oil
1. In the small Stainless Steel Bowl or Classic Batter Bowl, whisk together the vinegar, honey, mustard, garlic pressed with Garlic Press and fresh ground salt and pepper from Grinders. Slowly drizzle oil into the bowl in a small stream, whisking constantly until the oil is fully incorporated and dressing is creamy. (This is called an "emulsion" and keeps the dressing from separating.)
2. Wash and dry chicken breasts and place in Deep Covered Baker. Baste Chicken with the dressing using Chef’s Silicone Basting Brush and set aside extra dressing. Cook chicken in microwave, covered, for 13 minutes or until no longer pink. Chop chicken with Salad Chopper and set aside.
2. While chicken is cooking, core and slice pineapple, first with Pineapple Wedger, then Apple Wedger. Slice spears into 1” chunks using 7” Santoku Knife. Place pineapple chunks in Grill Pan and grill until slightly browned to bring out the sweetness of the pineapple.
3. Peel and julienne carrots first with Vegetable Peeler, then Julienne Peeler. Peel cucumber with Serrated Peeler, then core out the seeds with The Corer. Slice red onion thin on the Ultimate Mandoline. Soak onion in cold water for 5 minutes to remove bitterness from the onion. Peel and cube avocados with the Avocado Peeler.
4. Wash and spin spinach leaves in Salad and Berry Spinner. Place spinach in Dots Large Round Bowl. Add carrots, cucumber, onion and slightly toasted almonds to the spinach. Right before serving, top with chicken mixture, grilled pineapple, and dressing. Serve immediately.
Twelve Days of Boots: Day 8 by The Pioneer Woman
6 hours ago