Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Zucchini Bread --Regular and Chocolate







(Chocolate Zucchini Bread shown)



This is my favorite way to get rid of those garden zucchini that are going crazy right now!!! None of your neighbors want to take your zucchini's but I bet they won't be able to say no to your delicious zucchini bread!
This recipe is adapted from the favorites cookbook. The adaptations I have made make it healthier, more flavorful, and moist. That's a win, win, win. It's my favorite recipe I've tried....and I've tried a few. So enjoy!

1 c whole wheat flour
2 c all purpose flour
1 T cinnamon
1 t salt
1 t baking soda
1/4 t baking powder
3 eggs beaten
1 c sugar
1 c brown sugar
1/2 c oil
1/2 c plain yogurt
1 T vanilla
2 cups grated zucchini...(to peel or not to peel you decide)
1/2 c chopped nuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease two 8x4 loaf pans with cooking spray. Set aside.

Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside. Then beat eggs, sugars, oil, yogurt and vanilla. Slowly mix in dry ingredients. Blend in grated zucchini and nuts.

**Now....if you want CHOCOLATE zucchini bread you would add 2/3 c cocoa powder to your dry ingredients. And you could add 1/2 c chocolate chips instead of the nuts. Sometimes I can't decide if I want regular or chocolate so I pour half the regular batter into one prepared pan, and then add 1/3 c cocoa to the remaining batter and mix well. Then voila! You have one of each. Genius.

Bake for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy!!!

Hint: These also make great muffins! Just adjust the baking time for 20-25 minutes for regular and 30-35 minutes for the jumbo size.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails