Thursday, March 27, 2008

Lazy Day Lemon Chiffon Pie

I don't remember how this tastes, but it is a tried and true recipe from my mom. I can tell because it is torn out of a magazine and the page is old, crumpled and brown. I am also keeping it because my husband is a PIE FIEND, and he will love me forever if I make it. ( I think he has to love me forever anyway)

1 8 or 9 inch crumb crust, chilled
1 (14 0z.) can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/3 cup ReaLemon Lemon Juice
few drops yellow food coloring
2 to 3 teaspoons grated lemon peel, optional
3 egg whites
1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
Whipped Topping and lemon slices, optional

In medium bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice, food coloring and 1 tsp. grated lemon peel; mix well. In small bowl, beat egg whites with cream of tartar until stiff but not dry. Gently fold into lemon mixture. Pour into prepared crust. Chill 3 hours. If desired, at serving time garnish with topping, lemon slices and grated peel.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails