Monday, February 11, 2008

Healthier Chocolate Chip Cookies..better than original

These cookies are reduced in fat and sugar, and they have omega-3 fatty acids to make you smart. What more could you want in a cookie. Oh taste...it has that too.
Ok so I LOVE my treats, and rarely do I skimp on the good stuff just in the name of health. If I am going to have a treat, it's going to be good! Well just for fun one night I starting playing around with my fav chocolate chip cookie recipe, and the result was healthier, and dare I say tastier?? than it's original counterpart.

3/4 c softened butter
3/4 c ground flax meal
1/4 c +2 T Splenda baking blend white sugar (You can use 3/4 white sugar if you don't have spenda)
3/4 c brown sugar

cream above ingredients together
then add

2 eggs
1 t vanilla

mix until smooth

then add

1 c white flour
1 1/4 c whole wheat flour
1 t baking soda
1 t salt

mix well... dough should be stiff and thick. Your beaters should be struggling, if they are not, add 1/4 c more white flour.
stir in

1 bag semi sweet choc chips

place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 8-9 minutes. If they are brown on the bottom, you cooked them too long. Remove from sheet as soon as they can be handled and let cool on wire rack.

Trust me these are GOOD!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails